Maintenance performed regularly and on schedule provides optimum longevity and helps prevent potential breakdowns or malfunctions. Beyond maintenance procedures for operational sake, the primary (and most important) reason for checking, inspecting, and constantly tuning up your home is to ensure maximum safety for you and your family.
Make these tasks part of your monthly home maintenance schedule:
- Check water-purification and water-softener filters.
- Test the water-heater pressure and temperature-relief valve for proper operation.
- Clean and freshen your drains.
- Degrease and freshen your disposal.
- Clean and replace furnace and air-conditioner filters.
- Check the steam system safety valve and steam gauge.
- Check the water level of your steam system.
- Clean the filter on the interior of wall-mounted heat pumps.
- Check air intakes for insect blockages and debris.
- Clean the range-hood filter.
- Clean your appliances.
- Remove and clean range burners.
- Wash and rinse the dryer lint screen.
- Clean and brighten tile and grout.
- Deep-clean all types of flooring.
- Test fire-extinguisher pressure gauges.
- Test smoke-detector sensors and alarms.
- Test carbon-monoxide detectors.
The Importance of Annual Tasks
Your yearly home maintenance checklist should not be forgotten. They do not strictly refresh your home, but they also reduce future issues and, in the end, save you money. For future home maintenance tips, subscribe to this website.