As professional realtor who is dedicated to serving their clients, The Barnett Team will have laid out a marketing plan for your home and have it priced it just right to attract the most interest, there are things you, the seller, can do to support these efforts.
1. Your house should sparkle from top to bottom and excess clutter removed from the premises.
2. De-Personalize it by removing family photos, knick knacks and other personal items you may have lying around. Allow a buyer to envision themselves living there. It’s best to pack up your personals and place them in storage. Then, when it comes time to move out after the home is sold, you will have a head start. Two birds, one stone.
3. Make your home as available as possible and that means with you NOT there. Showing a home while the owner is there makes people feel like they are intruding and potential buyers won’t look as closely as they normally would or spend enough time considering it as their own. Don’t cramp your own sale.
4. Bring pets with you or lock them up during showings.
5. Be available to speak with potential buyers and offer that up willingly in case they have questions about the neighborhood, neighbors or the local area in general. This simple gesture can make a huge difference especially when a buyer is on the fence or has another home they may be considering. It’s a fact that people buy from people they like. Offering your support in any way you can goes a long way in this process.
6. Take excellent pictures and even consider a virtual tour video. The more in depth information you can provide online the more people you will attract to see it. Not providing enough information or leaving potential with too many questions ensures they will move on to another home that does. Label the pictures of each room. Though to you it seems obvious, to everyone else it’s not. Especially bedrooms ex. Master bedroom 2nd bedroom etc. This is especially important if your home has 2 masters or larger bedrooms. It’s often hard to tell them apart.
7. Keep the house well lit and replace any burnt out bulbs throughout. Make sure each room is well lit and the switches work. Don’t give the impression that the home needs a lot of fixing up matter how large or small it may seem to you.
If you have been considering selling your West Valley home and would like additional guidance, contact The Barnett Team today for more information! The Barnett Team represents home buyers and home sellers in Avondale, Buckeye, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Peoria, Surprise, and Waddell.